Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Kruger National Park May 2009



I seem to have lost a posting. This should come before 'More of Kruger Park'.Christine, Charles & I flew to Nelspruit,hired a car and spent the first night at Pretorious Kop, three nights at Satara & one at Skukusa.


Every morning we got up at 5 am to be out of the gates that opened at 6 am. This beautiful sunrise was one of many. Being a little cloudy, the sun reflecting on them made a wonderful picture.
On our last day we were so lucky to see this pride of lions. These six youngsters were following their 2 mothers. They seem to have no fear of cars. They all looked healthy with full stomachs. They could have been at a kill.
In the time we were in the park we saw 22 lions altogether. Eleven were at a kill by the side of the road but had almost devoured everything, and then the vultures came!
We also witnessed three blackmane lions. Two in one spot & the other following these cubs.
I hope I haven't repeated myself. I'm still learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment