Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wild Birds


Since Charles, my son, has become very interested in wild birds I have become more interested too.At least I have someone to discuss identification and calls of various wild birds around my own home. I have planted various shrubs & plants to attract the sun birds that are so beautiful. Best of all I was given a nectar bottle to hang in my wild plum tree opposite my office window that acts as a perfect hide. It is incredible how quickly the birds are attracted to the coloured red sweet water in the bottle. Daily birds such as White Eyes (many) House & Cape Sparrows (many) Lesser Collard Sun Birds, Weavers & Cape Bulbuls. They drink about two cups of the liquid every four to five days.


Other birds in the garden are Guinea Fowls, Cape Francolin (they now have a new name) Olive Thrushes, European Starlings, Red Wing Starlings and Prynias.
The previous blog I did about Glory Hill Farm has quite a few spelling errors. I forgot to check it!

No comments:

Post a Comment